Last updated October 2018
Your privacy is critically important to us
What data do we collect?
When you visit yaasyaas.com we collect 3 types of information: Customer Information, Usage Data and your IP Address.
This is the information you explicitly provide to us when you make an online purchase or sign up to receive our newsletters, including your:
- Email address
- Shipping and/or billing address
- Payment information
This is general information about how you interact with our website, such as:
- pages you have visited on our website
- the route you have taken to come to the website (for example, by clicking on a link in a newsletter)
- the buttons or links you have clicked on our website
- whether you are a returning visitor of our website
The public network address associated with your computer is called its “public IP Address” and is sent automatically each time you access any website on the Internet. From a computer’s IP Address, it is usually possible to determine the general geographic location of that computer, such as country and city for example.
How do we collect data
Information you provide to us directly
When you shop with us online, we will ask you to provide personal data, such as your name and address, so we can fill your order. We may also ask you to provide personal data when you sign up for a newsletter, respond an offer, join us on social media, take part in surveys or contact us for help.
Information we collect automatically
How do we use data collected
Our processing activities are:
- Track and analyse your browsing behaviour on our website to improve the services we provide on the website;
- Fulfill your orders i.e., placing orders, processing payments, dispatching your purchases and dealing with any returns;
- Respond to customer requests via chat on social media platforms and via emails;
- Analyse data for reporting, forecasting and improving website performance;
- Analyse data for marketing purposes, including profiling and retargeting to better serve our loyal customer base;
- Protect our customers by using customer information and IP Address to detect and prevent fraudulent activity when a customer wants to make a purchase from us;
Sharing Personal Data
There will be times when we need to share your personal data with third parties. We will only disclose your personal data to:
- handle payments securely (PayPal for example)
- distribute direct marketing materials that you have consented to receive (emails for example)
- connect to social networks (Facebook for example)
- target advertising (Google for example)
- protect you and us against fraud
There also may be times when we are legally required to disclose personal data, such as to regulators, law enforcement bodies, government agencies, courts or other third parties where we think it’s necessary to comply with applicable laws and regulations, or to exercise our legal rights. Where possible and appropriate, we will notify you of this kind of disclosure.
Your personal data will never be disclosed to third parties for THEIR remarketing or retargeting purposes.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We promise to work hard and take every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction.
Links To External Sites